InCIT and NCIT 2023
The 7th International and the 15th National Conference on Information Technology (InCIT 2023 and NCIT 2023) serve as a combined platform to share research findings related to information and communication technologies, including next-generation innovations. The conferences aim to explore the integration of green technology and sustainability in response to the challenges posed by the COVID-19 pandemic. Themed “Shaping a Greener Tomorrow: Integrating Sustainable Innovations and Transformations for a Resilient Society,” InCIT 2023 and NCIT 2023 invite researchers and industry stakeholders to discuss sustainable technologies and practices, assess their potential for fostering long-term resilience, and promote knowledge exchange and collaboration for a more environmentally conscious future.
We eagerly anticipate your valuable contributions and look forward to welcoming you at the combined International and National Conferences on Information Technology: InCIT and NCIT 2023.
*Please note that submissions to the National Conference on Information Technology (NCIT 2023) will not be published in the IEEE database.
The Association of Council of IT Deans (CITT)
Currently, information technology has played a significant role in improving quality and sustaining life in society, as well as the economic competitiveness of Thailand and the world. Organizations of all types have incorporated information technology as an essential tool in their strategies and operations for increased efficiency and effectiveness. This has resulted in a high demand for personnel and innovations in the field of information technology. Consequently, one of the critical roles of higher education institutions is to serve society and contribute to the country’s development. Many institutions have recognized the importance of information technology and have developed curricula and teaching programs in related fields over the past decade.
In Thailand, several universities have acknowledged the importance of producing high-quality graduates in these fields by establishing faculties or units responsible for teaching information technology and related subjects. These faculties are usually named the Faculty of Information Technology, although some universities may have similar names such as the Faculty of Information Science, the Faculty of Information Technology and Communication, or the Faculty of Science and Information Technology. At present, the Faculty of Information Technology is a widely recognized educational institution in the public, industrial, and educational sectors, attracting numerous students interested in studying and pursuing careers in information technology and related fields.
Since 2006, the deans of faculties of information technology or related faculties from nine universities have been meeting regularly to discuss and exchange academic ideas, research, and community service. One outcome of these meetings is the organization of the National Conference on Information Technology, which has been hosted by different universities to date. Additionally, they have published the Journal of Information Science and Technology and initiated activities to reduce the digital divide. However, all nine deans agree that establishing an independent organization in the form of the Council of Deans of Information Technology Faculties of Thailand is a crucial direction to promote academic strength and research in information technology and related fields and ensure their long-term sustainability. Furthermore, the establishment of the council will help higher education institutions have a representative academic organization for information technology and related fields, which can contribute to the development of society, economy, and the nation, and prepare for the ASEAN community in the future.
Current member institutions:
1. Faculty of Information Science and Technology, Mahanakorn University of Technology
2. Faculty of Information Technology, King Mongkut’s University of Technology Thonburi
3. College of Innovative Technology and Engineering, Dhurakij Pundit University
4. Faculty of Information Technology, King Mongkut’s University of Technology North Bangkok
5. Faculty of Information Technology, King Mongkut’s Institute of Technology Ladkrabang
6. Faculty of Information Technology and Communication, Mahidol University (Salaya Campus)
7. School of Information Technology, Mae Fah Luang University
8. College of Computing, Prince of Songkla University (Phuket Campus)
9. Faculty of Information Technology and Innovation, Bangkok University (Kluay Nam Thai Campus)
10. Faculty of Information Technology, Sripatum University
11. Faculty of Information Technology, Rangsit University
12. Faculty of Information Science, Mahasarakham University
13. School of Information Science, Walailak University
14. Faculty of Information Technology, Siam University
15. Faculty of Information Management and Technology, Nakhon Phanom University
16. Faculty of Information Technology and Communication, Silpakorn University (Information Science Phetchaburi Campus)
17. Faculty of Information Technology, Thai-Nichi Institute of Technology
18. Faculty of Engineering and Technology, Panyapiwat Institute of Management
19. Faculty of Information Science, Burapha University
20. Faculty of Information Technology and Communication, Phayao University
21. Faculty of Computer Science, Ubon Ratchathani Rajabhat University
22. College of Computing, Khon Kaen University